luludi: (lol: cake or death)
[personal profile] luludi posting in [community profile] lj_exodus
Ok, so here's the thing.... I have no personal beef with LJ Support, volunteer or otherwise. I am not naive enough to believe that they have any real say in how SUP runs LiveJournal, especially since they have clearly indicated on more than one occasion that they disagree with many of the decisions made in the past few years. That said, I have a problem with this post.

Now, I realize that no one said "Don't give your passwords to Dreamwidth! They are evil! OHNOESSS!1!11", however, being that Dreamwidth is the only site running on LJ code which has this functionality (and being that, at the time of this posting, was only a week into Open Beta), it does pose the question... exactly who else would they be referring to? This is something that has not gone unnoticed around here. At first, I didn't know what people were referring to, since I no longer use LiveJournal, but now that I see it, I have to say, it rather pisses me off.

Taken out of context, the post contains good advice. There are a lot of sites I wouldn't trust my passwords (or my money) with ~ in fact, LiveJournal is one of them ~ but Dreamwidth is not. I find it sad that members of LJ Support feel the need to smear Dreamwidth like that, and do so under the guise of protecting their users, especially since LiveJournal has shown (many times) in the past year just how untrustworthy they themselves can be.

As I said, I have no personal beef with these people. I don't even know them... but, it does serve as yet another example that the days might be numbered for LJ/SUP, and that's a funeral I'll attend in a red dress.

Profile

LJ Exodus

May 2009

S M T W T F S
     12
3456789
1011121314 15 16
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags